Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Default Time it takes to save my file

I have two excel files that are not the exact file, but pretty darn close.
One is 1.33Mb and takes 8-9 secs to save the other is 989KB and when I save
takes roughly 1-2 secs to save. Both of these files are on my local computer
not on the network. I have also had someone else look at this on another
workstation and it did the same exact thing. I was wondering exactly what
does excel possible do on the save action that would cause the difference
between these two files. I'm running windows XP for OS and i'm using Office
XP with sp3.

Thanks-Andre

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

HI
On saving a excel file one major thing that excel do is it recalculate
all the formulas so if your file with 1.33MB contains lot of formulas
or subtotals as compared to other file then it will take comparitively
more time you can see on the status bar it would be displaying as
calculating

thanks
Allen