Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Default File format not valid???

Since I recently reinstalled Windows ME and MS Office 95 Standard I'm not
able to open some Excel files that I was using regularly before the
reinstallation.

When I try to open a spreadsheet of my vehicle maintenance (the file is
named Maintenance) I get this error: "Maintenance.xls: file format is not
valid."

I get the same error with some other Excel spreadsheets I try to open.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for any help,
eugene