Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Default Excel - Data Analysis Setup

I am grappling with a workbook that maintains clients with client Id
numbers. Each sheet has 2 to 3 states of client data on it, i.e., sheet 1 =
AK, AL, AR, AZ.
The client IDs are like AK0001 or AK0500.

I need to analyze the data in a date column that either shows a date or
shows something like n/a or a ? The other item is that the last 3 digits of
the client id means something. Ex. ???000 - ???0100 represents a particular
team and anything that has ??0500 - ??0600 is a different team. So I'm
looking for which team I am dealing with and if there is a date or n/a or ?
or other text in a date field.

SHould I push into Access to work on? Or should I just combine data in Excel?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Hi, Karen. The answer to something like this usually depends on how often you
must do it, whether you can setup the workbook once and be done, or if you'll
need to re-setup the workbook everytime you get a "new" one...
--
~Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com