Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default How do I get a data analysis add-in for excel?

I am new to excel and need to install the "data analysis" add-ins found under
"Tools" for an assignment for a statistics class. I do not have the original
CD used to install Office 2003 and hope there is a way to access and install
these add-ins from the web.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Megan

These files are not available for download from the Internet.

What happened to the original CD?

If lost or damaged check out this website

http://support.microsoft.com/default...B;en-us;326246

Take note of the instructions concerning OEM products.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Sat, 15 Jul 2006 13:17:01 -0700, Megan
wrote:

I am new to excel and need to install the "data analysis" add-ins found under
"Tools" for an assignment for a statistics class. I do not have the original
CD used to install Office 2003 and hope there is a way to access and install
these add-ins from the web.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

I was just wondering, if I have the cd, can I install the add ins so they are
on the laptop and I don't have to keep re-inserting the cd?

Thanks
--
One day, swapoon it.

wrote:

I am new to excel and need to install the "data analysis" add-ins found under
"Tools" for an assignment for a statistics class. I do not have the original
CD used to install Office 2003 and hope there is a way to access and install
these add-ins from the web.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

If already installed..................

In Add/Remove Programs find MS OFFICE and "Change"

Wait for a few seconds then when available click on "Add or remove
features"NextChoose advanced customizationsExcelAdd-ins.

Make sure "Run all from my computer" is checked.

If installing for first time you will get that as an option during the "typical"
install.

Gord

On Tue, 9 Jan 2007 10:15:02 -0800, Swapoon whaat?
wrote:

I was just wondering, if I have the cd, can I install the add ins so they are
on the laptop and I don't have to keep re-inserting the cd?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

I have the Backup for office 2002 and put it in the cd drive. I did what you
said, and "Run all from my computer" looked like it was checked, but I
clicked on it again to make sure. Then I went to run the add ins and a box
comes up saying:

The feature you are trying to use is on a CD-ROM or other.. that's not
available.
Insert the "Microsoft Office XP Professional with Frontpage" disk and click
OK.

So I click ok and a new box says 'it cannot be found.' that I should 'verify
I have access to this location & try again', or to try to find the
installation package 'PROPLUS.MSI'

I searched the disk to find PROPLUS.MSI but couldn't find it. What should I
do now?

--
One day, swapoon it.

wrote:

I was just wondering, if I have the cd, can I install the add ins so they are
on the laptop and I don't have to keep re-inserting the cd?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

What is an Office 2002 Backup?

A CD supplied by your computer retailer or?

I would first check for these files on the computer.

The default location on a regular installation is in the folder

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\Library\Analysis

There will be 4 files in the Analysis folder.

ANALYS32.XLL
FUNCRES.XLA
ATPVBAEN.XLA
PROCDB.XLA

If not found at that site I suggest you try the Add/Remove steps with a twist.

Select "Reinstall or Repair"

If still no joy maybe a full uninstall then reinstall.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP