-   -   How do I get a data analysis add-in for excel? (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/99494-how-do-i-get-data-analysis-add-excel.html)

Megan

How do I get a data analysis add-in for excel?

I am new to excel and need to install the "data analysis" add-ins found under
"Tools" for an assignment for a statistics class. I do not have the original
CD used to install Office 2003 and hope there is a way to access and install
these add-ins from the web.

Gord Dibben

How do I get a data analysis add-in for excel?

Megan

These files are not available for download from the Internet.

What happened to the original CD?

If lost or damaged check out this website

http://support.microsoft.com/default...B;en-us;326246

Take note of the instructions concerning OEM products.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Sat, 15 Jul 2006 13:17:01 -0700, Megan
wrote:

I am new to excel and need to install the "data analysis" add-ins found under
"Tools" for an assignment for a statistics class. I do not have the original
CD used to install Office 2003 and hope there is a way to access and install
these add-ins from the web.

Swapoon whaat?

How do I get a data analysis add-in for excel?

I was just wondering, if I have the cd, can I install the add ins so they are
on the laptop and I don't have to keep re-inserting the cd?

Thanks
--
One day, swapoon it.

wrote:

I am new to excel and need to install the "data analysis" add-ins found under
"Tools" for an assignment for a statistics class. I do not have the original
CD used to install Office 2003 and hope there is a way to access and install
these add-ins from the web.

Gord Dibben

How do I get a data analysis add-in for excel?

If already installed..................

In Add/Remove Programs find MS OFFICE and "Change"

Wait for a few seconds then when available click on "Add or remove
features"NextChoose advanced customizationsExcelAdd-ins.

Make sure "Run all from my computer" is checked.

If installing for first time you will get that as an option during the "typical"
install.

Gord

On Tue, 9 Jan 2007 10:15:02 -0800, Swapoon whaat?
wrote:

I was just wondering, if I have the cd, can I install the add ins so they are
on the laptop and I don't have to keep re-inserting the cd?

Thanks

Swapoon whaat?

How do I get a data analysis add-in for excel?

I have the Backup for office 2002 and put it in the cd drive. I did what you
said, and "Run all from my computer" looked like it was checked, but I
clicked on it again to make sure. Then I went to run the add ins and a box
comes up saying:

The feature you are trying to use is on a CD-ROM or other.. that's not
available.
Insert the "Microsoft Office XP Professional with Frontpage" disk and click
OK.

So I click ok and a new box says 'it cannot be found.' that I should 'verify
I have access to this location & try again', or to try to find the
installation package 'PROPLUS.MSI'

I searched the disk to find PROPLUS.MSI but couldn't find it. What should I
do now?

--
One day, swapoon it.

wrote:

I was just wondering, if I have the cd, can I install the add ins so they are
on the laptop and I don't have to keep re-inserting the cd?

Thanks

Gord Dibben

How do I get a data analysis add-in for excel?

What is an Office 2002 Backup?

A CD supplied by your computer retailer or?

I would first check for these files on the computer.

The default location on a regular installation is in the folder

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\Library\Analysis

There will be 4 files in the Analysis folder.

ANALYS32.XLL
FUNCRES.XLA
ATPVBAEN.XLA
PROCDB.XLA

If not found at that site I suggest you try the Add/Remove steps with a twist.

Select "Reinstall or Repair"

If still no joy maybe a full uninstall then reinstall.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP