Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup
tom tom is offline

Default How to PRINT all worksheets at once

WinXP Pro SP2
Excel 2003 SP2
I have a spreadsheet with about 80-ish worksheets. Each worksheet spreads
over multiple pages. I only need the FIRST page of ALL worksheets on a
SEPARATE page on output.
How can I with ONE print to the printer have ALL PAGE 1 of the worksheets
print off in a non-duplex mode?
Can this be done instead of individually selecting EACH worksheet and then
selecting PRINT?
TIA
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

1- First you have to set the page one of all 80 sheets.
This could be done by clicking sheet 1, holding shift key and then clicking
sheet 80. Now all your 80 sheets are selected (sheet tab's are white).
2- In the active sheet (which ever it is) go to file/set print area. Select
page one. (In this manner page one of all 80 sheets will be selected)
3- Now go to print command and select "all workbook". This will print all 80
sheets of your work book. The default is active sheet, which prints only
active sheet.
4- Check all your 80 sheets before performing the print all work book,
because once you lunch it, you can not stop printing 80 sheets unless it if
finished and if you have a mistake you have to do it again. I recommend to
print each 10 sheets separately.
HTH.

"Tom" wrote in message
WinXP Pro SP2
Excel 2003 SP2
I have a spreadsheet with about 80-ish worksheets. Each worksheet spreads
over multiple pages. I only need the FIRST page of ALL worksheets on a
SEPARATE page on output.
How can I with ONE print to the printer have ALL PAGE 1 of the worksheets
print off in a non-duplex mode?
Can this be done instead of individually selecting EACH worksheet and then
selecting PRINT?
TIA

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

This is called "Grouping Sheets" if you want to look in help
or refer to the process.

A word of WARNING about Grouping Sheets. Any change you make
to the sheet you see will be made to all of the grouped sheets. So as
soon as you are finished printing or working with grouped sheets,
be sure to Ungroup the sheets, by selecting a single sheet, or by
right click on a sheet tab and selecting "Ungroup Sheets". Think
of failing to ungroup sheets as failure to see the "Severe Tire Damage"
signs where you are not to back up for any reason.
---
HTH,
David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel

"Rasoul Khoshravan" wrote
1- First you have to set the page one of all 80 sheets.
This could be done by clicking sheet 1, holding shift key and then clicking
sheet 80. Now all your 80 sheets are selected (sheet tab's are white). [...clipped...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

You cannot set print area on grouped sheets so don't know how you did this.

Have you by experience had success with your method?

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP