Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Default Excel opens, but document doesn't

When one of my users opens an Excel document, Excel opens up, but the
document doesn't. It just sits on the grey 'background' screen.

I tried logged onto his machine as admin and it works OK, so it seems to be
something specific to his account.

I ran detect & repair (just in case!) but this didn't make any difference.

Any ideas?

Cheers.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Maybe it opens, but is just off the viewable window????

Try window|arrange|tiled (and resize the way you like).

If that doesn't fix it, then maybe....

Sometimes one of these works when you're having trouble with double clicking on
the file in windows explorer:

Tools|Options|General|Ignore other applications (uncheck it)

--- or ---

Close Excel and
Windows Start Button|Run
excel /unregserver