Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Default fill colours

I have tried the tools options reset but my colours do not display properly
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

You are very short on details here but I'll take a guess.

Might be this problem........................

The Windows High Contrast setting.

Read this KB article.

The fill color, the fill pattern, or the line color of a WordArt or
AutoShape object in an Office document does not change

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Sat, 19 Aug 2006 21:47:01 -0700, Khyber
wrote:

I have tried the tools options reset but my colours do not display properly

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

When I click on fill it does not display more fill colours. Going through
Tools OPtions Colour Reset does not get it to display. All colours when
clicked on for a cell display no problems.

wrote:

I have tried the tools options reset but my colours do not display properly

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

I still don't understand what is not happening for you.

"Properly" means what. Don't display anything? Display an incorrect color?

See in-line comments/questions.

On Sun, 20 Aug 2006 12:38:01 -0700, Khyber
wrote:

When I click on fill

You mean click on the fill color toolbar icon drop-down arrow?

it does not display more fill colours.

"More colors" means more than the standard or none at all?

Going through
Tools OPtions Colour Reset does not get it to display.

"It" means what?

All colours when
clicked on for a cell display no problems.

Don't understand this sentence.

Gord

wrote:

I have tried the tools options reset but my colours do not display properly

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Would it be a correct assumption that you did not read the
Microsoft Knowledge Base article that Gord pointed out,
since you did not say whether it worked or not.
---
HTH,

wrote:

I have tried the tools options reset but my colours do not display properly

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

I read the KB however high contrast is not on. When I click on the arrow of
the colour pallette the pallette displays without the more fill colours
function or fill effects that usually appears at the bottom of the pallette

wrote:

I have tried the tools options reset but my colours do not display properly

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

The colour fill icon just displays the standard colours.

If you want the extended colours and/or the fill effects you should use
Format | Cells | Patterns and you can choose them from here.

Hope this helps.

Pete