Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup
jk jk is offline

Default Accumulate values

I have column A that contains many account numbers and i have column B which
is a dollar value that corresponds to each account.

A B
10023 $25.00
10024 $20.00
10025 $25.00
10023 $25.00
10026 $25.00
Is it possible to assign cells in column C to sum the amounts which equal
the accounts. For example account 10023 sums up to $50.00 and i would like
each time the account of 10023 is entered into column A ,it would accumulate
the amount in a cell of column C .........can this be done?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

jk wrote:
I have column A that contains many account numbers and i have column
B which is a dollar value that corresponds to each account.

A B
10023 $25.00
10024 $20.00
10025 $25.00
10023 $25.00
10026 $25.00
Is it possible to assign cells in column C to sum the amounts which
equal the accounts. For example account 10023 sums up to $50.00 and i
would like each time the account of 10023 is entered into column A
,it would accumulate the amount in a cell of column C .........can
this be done?

You can use the SUMIF function. Check on online help...

--
Hope I helped you.

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Ciao

Franz Verga from Italy

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup
jk jk is offline

I am knew to this and as far as i got was the count if statement that counts
the number of entries in that one column.I need it to sum up the dollar
amounts that are associated to the account number in the other column.How do
you do this?

"Franz Verga" wrote:

jk wrote:
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

jk wrote:
I am knew to this and as far as i got was the count if statement that
counts the number of entries in that one column.I need it to sum up
the dollar amounts that are associated to the account number in the
other column.How do you do this?

try this:

=SUMIF(A:A,A1,B:B)

"Franz Verga" wrote:

jk wrote:
[...]

(I'm not sure of names of menus, options and commands, because
translating from the Italian version of Excel...)