Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default export from Access to Excel has created problems with

I am a new user with vision impairment, so it is extremely likely that I
missed the help that has already been offered. For that I apologize and thank
you for your input.

I was working on a database in Access, but was having a problem because of
my vision. It was suggested that I would have better luck working in Excel
and since I have worked with it before I decided to try.

I exported my worksheet to Excel but when I openned it in Excel I
immediately noticed something was very different. It is as though every cell
has been "formatted as a mini document, complete ith "wrap around". While I
can see the usefulness of this, and wouldn't mind being able to figure out
how to do that, this is not the place where I want such formating to be.

Also, with in the worksheet, over half of the sheet contains extra spaces
where none are called for. Example:
| 123 | 456 | 789 |
| 123 | 456 | 789 |
| | | |
| 123 | 456 | 789 |
I have checked the entire visable record and there is no visable reason for
this extra space. It would be understandable if there were wrap-around text
in some of the cells of the record but in over half of them there are not.
For some reason, about a quarter of the enteries seem unaffected by this.

If someone can tell me where I made my mistake and help me get this back
working the way a new worksheet would work and look I would be very thankful.

Thanks again for your attention.

--
Siuan