Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default save .xls w/o the formulas just the numbers

i have a .xls file that has been layed out very nicely (and i wasnt supposed
to change it), but the silly bugger who designed it, didnt put it the
formulas to relate various cells
where totaling stuff.

i thought i had seen someway to save the .xls with only the 'results' of the
calculations rather than w/ all the formulas in it i put in.

was that a figment of my imagination?

thanks.

jim

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Jim,

What you are after is a copy of the values rather than the formulae
that sit behind the calculations.
To do this is easy - Open the file and select all by clicking on any
cell on the page and hitting ctrl-A, then copy the whole page with
Ctrl-C and open up a new workbook (you can do this first if you like),
next you are going to "paste special" into this new book. Click onto
EDIT and select PASTE SPECIAL, there are several options here, but the
one you are probably after is 1) FORMAT and 2) Values. The first option
will recreate the file in the same format as the original (colours,
boxes that sort of thing) the second option populates this sheet with
the values without importing the formulae.

Cheers
Jon

--
Jon Quixley