Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
North for Short

Default Displaying time from 00:00 to 0.00

I want to do the opposite to what I have seen on the forums and convert
time back to decimals ( I work on aspreadsheet but it has been
passworded so I can't crack it. :)

I want to be able to write

(van out) (Van back in)(Total Van time)
7.25 11.25 4.00

Can anyone help me please ( or a way to crack passwords)

--
North for Short
North for Short's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=22695

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Gary''s Student

If A1 contains a time
Then in B1 enter
=A1*24 and format as general

For example if A1 shows 7:08:38 AM
then B1 will show 7.143955555

--
Gary's Student

"North for Short" wrote:

I want to do the opposite to what I have seen on the forums and convert
time back to decimals ( I work on aspreadsheet but it has been
passworded so I can't crack it. :)

I want to be able to write

(van out) (Van back in)(Total Van time)
7.25 11.25 4.00

Can anyone help me please ( or a way to crack passwords)

--
North for Short
North for Short's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=22695
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=555198

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
North for Short

It isn't exactly what I am after. I want to be able to see the time
07:30 as 07.30 and add up the times to give me a duty span.
for example 05:00 - 13:00 = 8:00

I want to write 05.00 - 13.00 = 8
Am I making myself clear?

--
North for Short
North for Short's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=22695
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=555198

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

North for Short wrote:
It isn't exactly what I am after. I want to be able to see the time
07:30 as 07.30 and add up the times to give me a duty span.
for example 05:00 - 13:00 = 8:00

I want to write 05.00 - 13.00 = 8
Am I making myself clear?

Hi North for Short

Gary''s Student's solution is correct, are you sure you want to see
7:30 as 07.30?

In decimal, 07:30 is 7.5

Regards

Steve

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
North for Short

Yes, It isn't the actual format that I need it is the formula for the
result is what I need. for example

A Jones starts his shift at 05:00 in the morning and finishes at 11:00
( that is a straight forward 6.00 hours but if you write
A jones 05.30 to 11.15 you get 5.85. What I want to be able to do is
actually calculate the time which should read *5.45*

--
North for Short
North for Short's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=22695
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=555198

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Peo Sjoblom

Is there any reason you cannot use 05:30 to 11:15?

That will give you 05:45

Peo Sjoblom

Excel 95 - Excel 2007
Northwest Excel Solutions
www.nwexcelsolutions.com
if you are in one stop digging." Lord Healey

"North for Short"
<North.for.Short.2a1t4z_1151390703.3756@excelfor um-nospam.com wrote in
message news:North.for.Short.2a1t4z_1151390703.3756@excelf orum-nospam.com...

Yes, It isn't the actual format that I need it is the formula for the
result is what I need. for example

A Jones starts his shift at 05:00 in the morning and finishes at 11:00
( that is a straight forward 6.00 hours but if you write
A jones 05.30 to 11.15 you get 5.85. What I want to be able to do is
actually calculate the time which should read *5.45*

--
North for Short
North for Short's Profile:
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=555198

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
North for Short

I work for the Royal Mail and a lot of the time, speed is of the essence
and one of the spread sheets I use calculates wages. The way this is
done is use of decimals and believe me, it does save time.
Unfortunately, within Royal Mail, if you have a sure winner as this
spreadsheet, you aren't likely to share that gem with an oik like me
however I am getting closer now.:)