Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Brother Laz

Default Counting the number of times a word appears 'anywhere' on a page

I'm trying to clean up a rather large file. The first field of each row
is the name of the row, and if this name does not appear anywhere else
in the file, or in any of three other files, the row can be eliminated.
If it appears 5 times or more, it should be marked as such.

So I'm looking for a way to search for the contents of the first row in
the entire page and three other pages (minus the field containing the
name I'm searching for in the first place) and return the number of
hits. I'm sure there is an easy way to do this, but I haven't managed
to figure it out yet and time is precious in a computer lab.

I'm using Excel 2000 (localised Dutch version).

Thanks for your help!

--
Brother Laz
Brother Laz's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=35521