Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
tapley

Default I want a box with the total number of times ORDER appears!

I have a table where the words "closed" or "order" appear. I want to know a
formula that will count how many times each word appears in a column and give
me a figure. Is that possible and how?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bob Phillips

=COUNTIF(A:A,"Closed")

etc.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"tapley" wrote in message
I have a table where the words "closed" or "order" appear. I want to know

formula that will count how many times each word appears in a column and

give
me a figure. Is that possible and how?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Pete_UK

You also have replies at your other post.

Pete

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
CLR

=COUNTIF(A:A,"open")&" Open, "&COUNTIF(A:A,"closed")&" Closed"

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3