Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Mark B

Default Count Number of Times Something appears

On Sheet 1, I want to put a formula in ColA that tells the number of times
ColB occurs in Sheet 2, ColA. THANKS!

Sheet 1 Sheet 2
ColA ColB ColA
A401 A401
A402 A401
A403 A402
A404 A402
A405 A403
A404
A404
A405
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
John Michl

Use the CountIF function.

- John

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Mark B

=COUNTIF(Sheet2!A:A,B1)

Thanks Bob, that's great...
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
FinRazel

Hey Mark,
If you want to give Bob the credit, you should mark this question "answered."
--
Anne Murray

"Mark B" wrote:

=COUNTIF(Sheet2!A:A,B1)

Thanks Bob, that's great...

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bob Phillips

Where I am Anne, the public newsgroups, there is no such concept :-)).

--

HTH

RP

"FinRazel" wrote in message
Hey Mark,
If you want to give Bob the credit, you should mark this question

"answered."
--
Anne Murray

"Mark B" wrote: