-   -   Count Number of Times Something appears (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/57786-count-number-times-something-appears.html)

Mark B

Count Number of Times Something appears

On Sheet 1, I want to put a formula in ColA that tells the number of times
ColB occurs in Sheet 2, ColA. THANKS!

Sheet 1 Sheet 2
ColA ColB ColA
A401 A401
A402 A401
A403 A402
A404 A402
A405 A403
A404
A404
A405

John Michl

Count Number of Times Something appears

Use the CountIF function.

- John

Bob Phillips

Count Number of Times Something appears

=COUNTIF(Sheet2!A:A,B1)

etc.

--

HTH

RP

"Mark B" wrote in message
On Sheet 1, I want to put a formula in ColA that tells the number of times
ColB occurs in Sheet 2, ColA. THANKS!

Sheet 1 Sheet 2
ColA ColB ColA
A401 A401
A402 A401
A403 A402
A404 A402
A405 A403
A404
A404
A405

Mark B

Count Number of Times Something appears

=COUNTIF(Sheet2!A:A,B1)

Thanks Bob, that's great...

FinRazel

Count Number of Times Something appears

Hey Mark,
If you want to give Bob the credit, you should mark this question "answered."
--
Anne Murray

"Mark B" wrote:

=COUNTIF(Sheet2!A:A,B1)

Thanks Bob, that's great...

Bob Phillips

Count Number of Times Something appears

Where I am Anne, the public newsgroups, there is no such concept :-)).

--

HTH

RP

"FinRazel" wrote in message
Hey Mark,
If you want to give Bob the credit, you should mark this question

"answered."
--
Anne Murray

"Mark B" wrote: