Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
gazmac1

Default Dates Formating

hi
Me again new question --- how do you auto format dates in Excel.
At the top of my table (see my previous question) I manually write the dates
for every Monday in the year but I would like to do this automatically any
ideas?
Also how can I change the dates every six months without having to start a
new table
Gazmac1
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
gazmac1

sorry Don but me being completely new to Excel I need you to explain what you
mean.
(I did try but got errors)
Gazmac1

"Don Guillett" wrote:

can't you just put the date for the first Monday in a cell and then
=thatcell+7

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"gazmac1" wrote in message
hi
Me again new question --- how do you auto format dates in Excel.
At the top of my table (see my previous question) I manually write the
dates
for every Monday in the year but I would like to do this automatically any
ideas?
Also how can I change the dates every six months without having to start a
new table
Gazmac1

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
gazmac1

Thanks Don It worked a treat ---- easy when you know how.
Thanks again
Gazmac1

"Don Guillett" wrote:

in cell a1 put in a valid date that is a Monday.
in cell b1 put in the formula
=a1+7
goto the lower right corner of that cellfind the little squaredrag to the
right as many cells as desired

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software