steely

Default conditional formating: dates

i want to change the colour of a row of data based on the dates.
im making a mailbook, in column H i have received date, I reply date
and in J actual date replied.
what im trying to do is highlight mail not replied to within the limits
of the reply date, but not if there is no date entered. im also trying
to highlight if the actual reply date is before the received date.
& im stuck somewhere in middle!
can anyone offer me some advice?

Bob Phillips

Select all the rows in question, I will assume starting at row 2

Menu FormatConditional Formatting
Change Condition 1 to Formula Is
Add a formula of =$I2<$H2
Click the Format button
Select the Pattern Tab
Select an appropriate highlighting colour
OK

Second condition

Click Add
Change Condition 2 to Formula Is