Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
James Fullmer

Default first number in a column not equal to zero

I am have a table that has a row for each day of the month. As I enter the
inventory values for the day the last field in the row is the total for the
day. What formula will give me the most last field in the totals column not
equal to zero?for instance

427T Total
15,358
15,358
4,500 19,520
0
0
0

the formula would return 19520
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Bondi

James Fullmer wrote:
I am have a table that has a row for each day of the month. As I enter the
inventory values for the day the last field in the row is the total for the
day. What formula will give me the most last field in the totals column not
equal to zero?for instance

427T Total
15,358
15,358
4,500 19,520
0
0
0

the formula would return 19520

Hi,
Maybe you can use something like this if your totals is in B1:B10
(Asuming there is no zero in between)

=INDEX(B1:B10,COUNTIF(B1:B10,"<0"))

Regards,
Bondi

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
James Fullmer

Default Not Working

Sorry, the previous didn't help much, maybe I am using it wrong, but not
working,
Here is what I am trying to do. Each day we enter in the physical inventory
in a spreadsheet. Another spreadsheet pulls that information into a column,
if the inventory has not been input, it shows 0, I want the last field in the
column to show the last dates inventory. For instance, on the 5th of June,
the last field would read 19693, but would change the following day after I
enter the inventory number. The inventory fluctuates daily, so I can't use
the Large function as it only returns a specific rank of the numbers.

Date Inventory
1 15,358
2 15,358
3 19,520