Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
George.

Default getting cell info from one sheet...

Hey Guys -

How would you go about getting information from one sheet (within a
workbook of 3-4 sheets) and putting that one line of info onto a
summary sheet??
I can link pages, etc but i cant do the above.

www.lincolneather.com/tektips.jpg

on the link above - u can see that 2 packs of sin city have been
ordered along with other shirts.. how can we get those tees that have
been ordered to appear on a new sheet (summary sheet) of what has been
ordered

so that a new sheet would only have what has been ordered on it.

thanks for any advice.

--
George.
George.'s Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=35028

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
SamuelT

Not sure this is what you're getting at, but if the worksheet is called
'Shirts' (for example) and the lines of data you want are A2:F2. All
you need to do is, in the place you want the data in the other
worksheet, type:

=Shirts!A2

...then just drag the cell along six columns to get along to F2.

Not sure if that helps...maybe, maybe not

--
SamuelT
SamuelT's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=27501

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
George.

yeah sorry -
ive had trouble trying to explain before.
what i would love to do is -
have a summary sheet within the workbook that lists only what has been
ordered from the other worksheets (tees, walkshorts, etc)

how would you get excel to read each worksheet, realise that 1pack of
Sin City tee shirts and 1 pack of walk shorts had been ordered but
nothing else and put those two packs on the summary sheet.
so the results are completely based on what the end user types in -

the goal here is that the end user can fill in the entire order form
(all four sheets) and then only have to go the summary sheet to see
what he/she has ordered and what the total is...

hope this makes a little more sense hahahha.
thanks for helping - looking

--
George.
George.'s Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=35028
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=547768

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
George.

I need the formulae to:

1. Look at specific cell in different worksheet and see if it has a
value.
2. If it does, I want to pull the whole row into the worksheet that I
am working in.
3. But if it doesn’t have a value, I want my formulae to then check the
same cell in the next row down to see if this has a value. It it does,
same as point 2 above applies. , If not, it needs to again check the
next row down.
4. This checking needs to continue until it comes across a value.

I am guessing (hoping) that there is some sort of array look up formula
that can be used

thanks for any help..........I am drowning.