Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
b166er

Default wild card with if logical function

hi members,

i need help on how to use wild cards(*/?) with if logical
function is it possible to use with if logical function if yes please
just tell me how to use wild cards dont tell me about alternative
functions.

--
b166er
b166er's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=34912

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Nika Lampe

Hi,

there is possible to use wildcard characters, but you need to nest SEARCH or
FIND function into If.
Sample:
=IF(ISERROR(SEARCH("?ka",A1)),"no match","contains_ka_at_the_end")
will return "contains_nec..." when you search for words that end with "nec".
If search condition is in form "abc?" it will return match if word begins
with defined characters.
Of course you can also use * wildcard character.

Regards,
Nika Lampe