jgp_2

Default Logical Function Question

Hello everyone.

I am hoping some one can help me with what is probably a fairly easy
problem that I can't seem to figure out.

I have a worksheet that I need to enter a function that will
automatically highlight cells based on a certain set of parameters. For
instance

Column A Column B
0 80
10 100
50 50
0 95
0 40
100 65

I want to highlight the row if Column B is less than 90 and Column A is
less than 5. If column B is less than 90 and Column A is over 5 the
cells should remain without fill. I think that this would be an IF
statement, but I am not that great with logical functions yet.

Any help to get me on the right track would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

--
jgp_2
jgp_2's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=27624

JE McGimpsey

One way:

Select the rows of interest (or the entire sheet). Assuming cell A1 is
the active cell, choose Format/Conditional Formatting... Set the
dropdowns and textbox to read

Formula is =AND($A1<5,$B1<90)

Click the Format button and select a color from the Patterns tab.

If you want to only deal with rows in which A and B are filled in, use

Formula is =AND(COUNT($A1:$B1)=2,$A1<5,$B1<90)

In article ,
jgp_2 wrote:

[...]

jgp_2

jgp_2 wrote:

[...]

Worked like a charm. Thanks for your help!!