Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Krystle

Default Is there a way to place a row in numeric/alpheberical order?

I have a list of part numbers that we are constantly using... and I am trying
to make a list of them and just want these part #'s to go in
numeric/alphabetical order as they are entered. Is there a way to do this?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Gary''s Student

An easy way to sort-on-the-fly is to use a helper column. Say you are
entering part numbers in A1 thru A100.

In B1 put:

=LARGE(A:A, ROW()) and copy down

Column B will be the sort of column A (in descending order). As you enter
items in column A the items in column B will automatically adjust themselves.
--
Gary's Student

"Krystle" wrote:

I have a list of part numbers that we are constantly using... and I am trying
to make a list of them and just want these part #'s to go in
numeric/alphabetical order as they are entered. Is there a way to do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Krystle

Okay, that worked. Thank you. But what if there are letters associated within
the part number I am trying to sort?