-   -   Is there a way to place a row in numeric/alpheberical order? (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/91539-there-way-place-row-numeric-alpheberical-order.html)

Krystle

Is there a way to place a row in numeric/alpheberical order?

I have a list of part numbers that we are constantly using... and I am trying
to make a list of them and just want these part #'s to go in
numeric/alphabetical order as they are entered. Is there a way to do this?

Gary''s Student

Is there a way to place a row in numeric/alpheberical order?

An easy way to sort-on-the-fly is to use a helper column. Say you are
entering part numbers in A1 thru A100.

In B1 put:

=LARGE(A:A, ROW()) and copy down

Column B will be the sort of column A (in descending order). As you enter
items in column A the items in column B will automatically adjust themselves.
--
Gary's Student

"Krystle" wrote:

I have a list of part numbers that we are constantly using... and I am trying
to make a list of them and just want these part #'s to go in
numeric/alphabetical order as they are entered. Is there a way to do this?

Krystle

Is there a way to place a row in numeric/alpheberical order?

Okay, that worked. Thank you. But what if there are letters associated within
the part number I am trying to sort?

"Krystle" wrote:

I have a list of part numbers that we are constantly using... and I am trying
to make a list of them and just want these part #'s to go in
numeric/alphabetical order as they are entered. Is there a way to do this?

Gary''s Student

Is there a way to place a row in numeric/alpheberical order?

Give me some examples.
--
Gary's Student