Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
greig2000_uk

Default Auto insert data to seperate sheets?

Hi,
I have a Excel (2003) workbook consisting on 4 sheets, sheet 1 has 9
columns, sheet 2 has 4 columns, sheet 3 has 2 columns.
Sheet 4 is used for new data which will usually stay on this sheet for a few
weeks before I manually copy it over to the relevant sheet then manually
arrange it. The whole workbook is arranged alphabetically.
I would like to be able to insert new data in sheet 4 but at the same time
the entered data inserting into another sheet of my choice and in its
relative alphabetical row, Is this possible?

any help much appreciated

many thnx

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
bgeier

It is possible, but can be rather complex.
To do it, you would put your data into sheet 4, then set the criteria
to paste to which ever sheet you want.
Once the criteria have been set, select the cells you want pasted to
the respective sheets, then search for the insertion point and insert.

It would have to be done in VBA because of the volitility of the data

--
bgeier
bgeier's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=12822

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers