Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Geoff Porter

Default EXCEL97 FILE NAMES TRUNCATED TO THE FIRST LETTER IN THE FILE NAME

I use Windows XP home edition and Microsoft Office 97.
Excel has suddenly started truncating the file name to the first letter of
the file name.
What do i need to do to correct the position?
--
Geoff

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Dave Peterson

Check to see if Excel is running in Windows 95 compatibility mode.

There was a post that said:
When I disabled compatibility mode the file name problem went away.
http://google.com/groups?threadm=020...0a% 40phx.gbl

And maybe this will help:

HOW TO: Use Windows Program Compatibility Mode in Windows XP

Geoff Porter wrote:

I use Windows XP home edition and Microsoft Office 97.
Excel has suddenly started truncating the file name to the first letter of
the file name.
What do i need to do to correct the position?
--
Geoff

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Dave Peterson

This has worked for lots of people (I've never had the problem, however).

I'd try it once more.

Geoff Porter wrote:

I use Windows XP home edition and Microsoft Office 97.
Excel has suddenly started truncating the file name to the first letter
of
the file name.
What do i need to do to correct the position?
--
Geoff

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Geoff Porter

Dave thanks for your suggestions. Some how I appear to have fixed the
problem! Thanks for your help Geoff.