Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Seeking optimization

Default Optimization project

Dear all,

I am a novice to the solver function and would be very appreciative if
someone would be able to offer me a solution utilizing solver.

I need to find what is the optimal product mix of the following computer
items given their respective prices, per unit:

P3 450 $27.00
P3 500 $30.00
P3 533 $31.98
P3 550 $33.00
P3 600 $36.00
P3 650 $39.00
P3 667 $40.02
P3 700 $52.50
P3 733 $54.98
P3 850 $63.75
P3 866 $64.95
P3 933 $69.98
P3 1000 $75.00
P4 1.8 GHZ $410.00
P4 1.8 GHZ $420.00
P4-M 1.6 GHZ $425.00
P4 1.8 GHZ $425.00
P4/DVD 1.8 GHZ $430.00
P4/DVD 1.8 GHZ $445.00
P4-M 2.0 GHZ $460.00
P4-M/DVD 2.0 GHZ $475.00
P4-M 2.0 GHZ $480.00
P4-M 2.0 GHZ $500.00
P4-M 2.0 GHZ $510.00
P4-M 2.0 GHZ $525.00
P4-M 2.0 GHZ $535.00
P4-M 2.0 GHZ $540.00
P4-M/DVD 2.2 GHZ $550.00
P4-M 2.2 GHZ $570.00
P4-M 2.2 GHZ $575.00
P4-M 2.4 GHZ $590.00
P4-M 2.4 GHZ $610.00
P4-M 2.4 GHZ $620.00
P4-M 2.4 GHZ $625.00
P4-M 2.4 GHZ $645.00
P4-M/DVD 2.4 GHZ $650.00

Constraints a
500 units can fit a 20ft container
1100 units can fit a 40 ft container

Total target price is around $25,000-$28,000
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
BruceP

It sounds like you have all the data you need, but that you might just
need to get more comfortable with Solver.

The following link should be pretty helpful:

BruceP
BruceP's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=33653
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=535647

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Tushar Mehta

Remember to check your multi-post in .misc.

Tushar Mehta
www.tushar-mehta.com
Custom MS Office productivity solutions

In article , ?B?
U2Vla2luZyBvcHRpbWl6YXRpb24=?= <Seeking
says...
Dear all,

I am a novice to the solver function and would be very appreciative if
someone would be able to offer me a solution utilizing solver.

{snip}