Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Bruce

Default Autofilling next empty cell in column?

Other than copying formulas manually to the next row of empty cells, can a
function within the preceding data entry cell do the work upon completion,
<enter, or auto summing?

All cells within the range will have entries, so no isolated empty cells are
present to mess up the integrity. These are scientific, engineering functions
with no limit to range of entries.

Having searched through several manuals and this forum, I'm not too
optimistic for a solution, but keep trying...

Thanks,
--
Bruce McC
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Ikaabod

You can create a macro that does this.

Otherwise, if you double click on the lower right corner of a selected
cell (or range of cells) to be filled downward that works too.

I don't know of any function that you can type in a cell to make it
autofill automatically or act as the ENTER key.

If you would like to create a macro and need help let me know and give
a little more details and I'll see what I can do.

Bruce Wrote:
Other than copying formulas manually to the next row of empty cells, can
function within the preceding data entry cell do the work upon
completion,
<enter, or auto summing?

All cells within the range will have entries, so no isolated empty
cells are
present to mess up the integrity. These are scientific, engineering
functions
with no limit to range of entries.

Having searched through several manuals and this forum, I'm not too
optimistic for a solution, but keep trying...

Thanks,
--
Bruce McC

--
Ikaabod
Ikaabod's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=33371
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=534546

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Bruce

Thanks, Ikaabod. I was resigned to accepting your answer. All those
"explicative" columns after the "0" columns just don't look very clean. It
would be nice to insert the column title, instead.

I wanted to avoid macros or VBA in this workbook. Many of the people that
would use the spreadsheet are recreational users and, like me, would balk at
casually opening something with nasty warnings of viruses. I've been
free-time studying Excel for a couple months. <Undo is my favorite command
so far.
--
Bruce McC