Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Ikaabod

Default Autofilling next empty cell in column?

You can create a macro that does this.

Otherwise, if you double click on the lower right corner of a selected
cell (or range of cells) to be filled downward that works too.

I don't know of any function that you can type in a cell to make it
autofill automatically or act as the ENTER key.

If you would like to create a macro and need help let me know and give
a little more details and I'll see what I can do.

Bruce Wrote:
Other than copying formulas manually to the next row of empty cells, can
function within the preceding data entry cell do the work upon
completion,
<enter, or auto summing?

All cells within the range will have entries, so no isolated empty
cells are
present to mess up the integrity. These are scientific, engineering
functions
with no limit to range of entries.

Having searched through several manuals and this forum, I'm not too
optimistic for a solution, but keep trying...

Thanks,
--
Bruce McC

--