Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Sue

Default If statements and Dates

Hello,
I need to flag milestone yrs of service for our employees.

I was able to download the hiredates from my crappy system but the date
appears as mm/dd/yyyy. What formula can I use to flag those who have or
will have completed their 10th, 15th, 20th, 25th, 30th (etc...) year of
service between Sept 2005 and Aug 2006.

Your assistance is greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Sus

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Sue

Thanks Bob,
But it seems as though the dates that there refer to is listed as dd/mm/yy
standard Excel serial-date format, my problem is that my system generate
mm/dd/yyyy. Is there anyway around this without having to re-enter the dates
manually cause if that's the case it would be faster for me to manually
calculate it.

Sue

"Sue" wrote in message
Hello,
I need to flag milestone yrs of service for our employees.

I was able to download the hiredates from my crappy system but the date
appears as mm/dd/yyyy. What formula can I use to flag those who have or
will have completed their 10th, 15th, 20th, 25th, 30th (etc...) year of
service between Sept 2005 and Aug 2006.

Your assistance is greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Sus

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Bob Phillips

Is Excel seeing the mm/dd/yyyy as a real date. albeit in US format, or is it
seeing it as text?

--
HTH

Bob Phillips