Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
poleary53

Default Delete a group of alternate cells

How would I delete every other row in a spreadsheet? My data starts on
row 16 ends on row 709. I want to start deleting every other row
starting with row 17. i.e.; Delete rows 17, 19, 21, ... all in one
key stroke.

Thank-you

Pat O'Leary

--
poleary53
poleary53's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=32234

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Dave Peterson

I would use a helper column.

Put X in a row 17 of that helper column (say Z).
Select Z17:Z18
copy it down to row 709
Select that range
edit|goto|special|check constants and click ok
edit|delete|entire row

(Save before you try it--just in case)