Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Tbone

Default Auto generating a printed date

This seems quite mundane after reading some of the things the rest of you are
working on, but!

I am building a payment booklet. I will be putting 4 payment coupons on each
page, to total 180. I put the start date in a cell (and the payment # in
another). I copy and pasted to the next section of the sheet adding an
=(above cell)+1 on the payment number and that works.
I can not find anything that works with the month. I want the payment due
the first of each month but with the varied # of days in the months I get
varied results if I use +30 or +31. Any help?

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
CLR

=MONTH(A13)+1&"/"&DAY(A13)&"/"&YEAR(A13)

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"Tbone" wrote:

This seems quite mundane after reading some of the things the rest of you are
working on, but!

I am building a payment booklet. I will be putting 4 payment coupons on each
page, to total 180. I put the start date in a cell (and the payment # in
another). I copy and pasted to the next section of the sheet adding an
=(above cell)+1 on the payment number and that works.
I can not find anything that works with the month. I want the payment due
the first of each month but with the varied # of days in the months I get
varied results if I use +30 or +31. Any help?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Rayo K

Alternatively, you can try this:

=DATE(YEAR(A13),MONTH(A13)+1,DAY(A13))

Both work...

"CLR" wrote:

=MONTH(A13)+1&"/"&DAY(A13)&"/"&YEAR(A13)

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3