Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Boethius1

Default Auto Date Cell

Hi all,
is there a way when opening a file an elected cell will automatically
enter the date? Have tried using help but can't get it to give me an
answer.
Thanks

----------------------:)

--
Boethius1

Boethius1's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30497
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=503529

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Elkar

The TODAY() and NOW() functions will do this. They will update whenever the
spreadsheet is recalculated. You can change the cell format to fit your
needs.

But, if you open the file at 11:59pm and change a cell 2 minutes later, the
date will change. I don't know if that is what you have in mind or not.

HTH,
Elkar

"Boethius1" wrote:

Hi all,
is there a way when opening a file an elected cell will automatically
enter the date? Have tried using help but can't get it to give me an
answer.
Thanks

----------------------:)

--
Boethius1

Boethius1's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30497
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=503529

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben

In a cell enter =TODAY() which will update each new day the workbook is
opened.

If you just need a static date, select a cell and hit CTRL + semi-colon(;)

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP