Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Roman.Plotnikov

Default Problem with cell autoformat

I have an HTML data (ex. 17-2 with "-2" in red-colored uppecase)

I want to paste it to MSExcel but it converts "17-2" to calendar date
(ex. 17.feb). THIS IS NOT NEEDED!

I can fix the cells manually, but it takes too much time.

How to fobid to excel converting (autoformatting) cell types?

Thanks, Roman.

|Filename: err3.jpg |
|Download: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=4341 |

Roman.Plotnikov
Roman.Plotnikov's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=31357
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=510511

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Sloth

Edit-Paste Special
Select text.

or

Format the cell as text first
edit the cell (double click or hit F2) and then paste.

"Roman.Plotnikov" wrote:

I have an HTML data (ex. 17-2 with "-2" in red-colored uppecase)

I want to paste it to MSExcel but it converts "17-2" to calendar date
(ex. 17.feb). THIS IS NOT NEEDED!

I can fix the cells manually, but it takes too much time.

How to fobid to excel converting (autoformatting) cell types?

Thanks, Roman.

|Filename: err3.jpg |
|Download: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=4341 |

Roman.Plotnikov
Roman.Plotnikov's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=31357
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=510511

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Roman.Plotnikov

Thank you for answer, but it doesn't help (see results in attached
pictures).

The matter that I need to paste FORMATTED text to have some handsome
result :)

I suppose the problem is that excel AUTOMATICALLY changes the format of
cell from text (that I have pre-formetted) to date in the very moment of
pasting.

|Filename: err5.jpg |
|Download: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=4347 |