Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
twilliams

Default How to hyperlink to an image on a different sheet and display it f

I have 2 tabs, called "Sheet1" and "Sheet2". On "Sheet1", I have hundreds of
one line feature descriptions for my product. These descriptions are of
course text. On "Sheet2", I have inserted hundreds of screenshots of my
product. Now comes the fun part...

I created a hyperlink on the first line of text on "Sheet1" to link to a
cell just above the corresponding image on "Sheet2". When I click on the
hyperlink, I am taken to "Sheet2" and the cell i linked to is highlighted and
visible on the screen. The problem is that the cell is at the bottom of the
screen and the image I want to be displayed is below the bottom of the screen
and not visible.

I want whatever cell I hyperlink to, to be displayed at the Top of the
screen so that the image is fully on the screen every time, so that the user
just clicks a hyperlink and sees the corresponding image without having to
scroll up or down.

In HTML, browsers handle this automatically and display whatever you link to
at the top of the browser. Is there a way to ensure that whatever I link to
is moved to the same location (Top) every time?

Thanks in advance for any help i can get.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Anne Troy

What I do, though I haven't done it with images...
Create a "template" worksheet.
Hide column A.
Save it.
Put one image on it, copy the worksheet, and put image 2 on it... one image
per worksheet.
Now, hyperlink to each worksheet. It'll automatically want to hyperlink to
cell A1, which is hidden, so it keeps your selection "hidden".

Hope it helps!
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com
Check out the NEWsgroup stats!