Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
BJ Gates

Default Printing non-adjacent selections

I have used Lotus 1-2-3 forever and have no trouble doing this.

The way I read it in the Excel help section, it should work the same way,
but when I do that, and set the print area, the selections print on different
pages.

What am I doing wrong?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Jim Cone

BJ,

That's the way it works.
You have to copy the selections to a separate sheet and print from there.
-or-
Take a look at my free Excel add-in "Print Selections Only" that should do
what you want. Download from here...

Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA

"BJ Gates"
wrote in message
I have used Lotus 1-2-3 forever and have no trouble doing this.
The way I read it in the Excel help section, it should work the same way,
but when I do that, and set the print area, the selections print on different
pages.
What am I doing wrong?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
BJ Gates

"Jim Cone" wrote:

That's the way it works.

Whoa! I find it hard to imagine that an 11+ year old Lotus program can do
something that today's Excel does not.

Take a look at my free Excel add-in "Print Selections Only" that should do
what you want.

Thanks, Jim. I downloaded it and tried it, but when I preview, my gridlines
and page orientation are gone. Any fix for that?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Jim Cone

BJ,

No gridlines are displayed as each selection shown is a picture
of the selection and gridlines would not line up with the next picture.

The Print Selections Form has three settings for Header/Footer...
Blank, Default and Original.
The "Original" setting retains your page orientation.
You also have the option in print preview to change the page
orientation setting.

Regards,
Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA