Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
vapor77

Default newbie question

I need to calculate hours per thousand. Can someone give me the formula
to use?

thanks

--
vapor77
vapor77's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=31132

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Dav

Without seeing your sheet (hours)/(thing you want to standardise
by)*1000

So for example if hours are in A1
If number of staff is in B1

If you want hours per thousand staff in C1
Enter in C1 =A1/B1*1000

Regards
Dav

--
Dav
Dav's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=27107

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
vapor77

Thanks for the quick response.
But I still can't get the result I'm looking for.

What I am trying to calculate is hours per thousand feet,
For example:
Column A has my total feet : 16522
Column B has my hours per thousand number: 3.5
Column C will have my total hours: ?

--
vapor77
vapor77's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=31132
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=507971

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
BenjieLop

vapor77 Wrote:
Thanks for the quick response.
But I still can't get the result I'm looking for.

What I am trying to calculate is hours per thousand feet,
For example:
Column A has my total feet : 16522
Column B has my hours per thousand number: 3.5
Column C will have my total hours: ?

What about this?

In C1, enter

=B1*(A1/1000)

and copy down until your requirements are met.

Regards.

--
BenjieLop

BenjieLop's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=11019
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=507971

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
vapor77

That worked Great, Thank-you Benjie

--
vapor77
vapor77's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=31132
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=507971

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
BenjieLop

You are welcome ... glad that I can help.

Regards.