Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
nishapurohit

Default conditional formatting

Hello!!

I need help with adding conditional formatting in excel (2003) file.

I'd like the formula to be something like this

IF Cell E2 = Yes; make Cell F2 required cell <in red

If this doable? Please help!!!!!!

Thank you,

Nisha

--
nishapurohit
nishapurohit's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30983

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Paul B

nishapurohit, in f2, conditional formatting, formula is =$E$2="yes" and pick
what you want the format to be
--
Paul B
Using Excel 2002 & 2003

"nishapurohit"
wrote in message
news:nishapurohit.22gr9z_1138651204.6458@excelforu m-nospam.com...

Hello!!

I need help with adding conditional formatting in excel (2003) file.

I'd like the formula to be something like this

IF Cell E2 = Yes; make Cell F2 required cell <in red

If this doable? Please help!!!!!!

Thank you,

Nisha

--
nishapurohit
nishapurohit's Profile:
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=506498

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Elkar

Yes, this is possible.

1. Select Cell F2
2. Select Conditional Formatting
3. In the first drop-down box, change "Cell Value Is" to "Formula Is"
4. Enter the formula: =E2="Yes"
5. Select the format you want (red)
6. Click OK

HTH,
Elkar

"nishapurohit" wrote:

Hello!!

I need help with adding conditional formatting in excel (2003) file.

I'd like the formula to be something like this

IF Cell E2 = Yes; make Cell F2 required cell <in red

If this doable? Please help!!!!!!

Thank you,

Nisha

--
nishapurohit
nishapurohit's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30983
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=506498

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
B. R.Ramachandran

Hi,

Select F2 -- "Format" -- "Conditional Formatting" -- select "Formula Is"
from the drop-down list -- enter =E2="Yes" in the formula bar -- click
on the "Format' button -- under "Patterns" select the color you want for
shading F2 if the condition is met -- "OK"

Regards,
B. R. Ramachandran

"nishapurohit" wrote:

Hello!!

I need help with adding conditional formatting in excel (2003) file.

I'd like the formula to be something like this

IF Cell E2 = Yes; make Cell F2 required cell <in red

If this doable? Please help!!!!!!

Thank you,

Nisha

--
nishapurohit
nishapurohit's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30983
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=506498

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
George Gee

Try this:

Select F2 Format Conditional Formatting
Formula is: =IF(E2="Yes",TRUE)
Format as required, Ok out.

Does this help?

"nishapurohit"
wrote in message
news:nishapurohit.22gr9z_1138651204.6458@excelforu m-nospam.com...

Hello!!

I need help with adding conditional formatting in excel (2003) file.

I'd like the formula to be something like this

IF Cell E2 = Yes; make Cell F2 required cell <in red

If this doable? Please help!!!!!!

Thank you,

Nisha

--
nishapurohit
nishapurohit's Profile:
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=506498

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Bernard Liengme

Click on F2
Use Format|Conditional Formatting
Change to Formula is; type =E2="yes"
and then click the format button and change either font or background colour
to red

did that work for you?

--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"nishapurohit"
wrote in message
news:nishapurohit.22gr9z_1138651204.6458@excelforu m-nospam.com...

Hello!!

I need help with adding conditional formatting in excel (2003) file.

I'd like the formula to be something like this

IF Cell E2 = Yes; make Cell F2 required cell <in red

If this doable? Please help!!!!!!

Thank you,

Nisha

--
nishapurohit
nishapurohit's Profile:
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=506498

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
nishapurohit

Thanks to all that replied to my post!!

I was looking to make F2 field a required field, i.e <red

If E2 = "yes" then make F2 a required field.

I am going to email this spreadsheet to users, if the user select "yes"
to question asked in E column, I would like them to provide detailed
information in column F.

Does that make sense?

Thank you again for your help! this forum rocks!

--
nishapurohit
nishapurohit's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30983
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=506498

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
B. R.Ramachandran

Hi,

How about using a formula-conditional formatting combination?

In F2, enter the formula,

=IF(E2="Yes","Provide detailed info in this cell","")

Also setup conditional formatting for F2 as outlined in my previous
response, but with the following formula

=AND(E2="Yes",F2="Provide detailed info in this cell")

F2 will remain empty and uncolored (?!) initially. If the user enters "Yes"
in E2, F2 will diplay "Provide detailed info in this cell" and the CF will
color the cell. When the user enters any info in F2, the CF restores the
cell to the default color.

PS: Please note that the formula (and conditional formatting) can execute
only once; when the user makes any entry in F2, the formula gets permanently
deleted (and overwritten), and as a consequence the CF gets incapacitated.

Regards,
B. R. Ramachandran