Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
badatexcel

Default somehow I shrunk my page, going to 8x11/2 wont correct it !

in excel somehow I shrunk the page. Going to 8x11 1/2 letter size wont
change it.
how can I correct it?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
David McRitchie

change it, correct it. what does that mean?

You haven't described the problem, what you had,
what you wanted to do, what you did, what you got instead.

Possible LastCell problem:
You might use Ctrl+End to find where the end of the data is
according to Excel. If that does not match what you think it is
you might try running macro at (below) which would fix all worksheets
in the entire workbook at one time.
Why do my scrollbars go to row 500 -- my data ends in cell E50?, contextures.com, Debra Dalgleish
---
HTH,

"badatexcel" wrote in message ...
in excel somehow I shrunk the page. Going to 8x11 1/2 letter size wont
change it.
how can I correct it?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
DavidC

Hi,

Have you reduced the sheet using the zoom function?
Check View\Zoom and see what value is selected, if it is greater than 100%
then you have 'zoomed in'.

Changing the paper size only changes how the sheet prints out not how it
appears on the screen unless you go to print preview.

Hope this helps

DavidC

"badatexcel" wrote:

in excel somehow I shrunk the page. Going to 8x11 1/2 letter size wont
change it.
how can I correct it?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
David McRitchie

Oh, printing wasn't mentioned, I think you're on the right track, but I expect the
answer might be View (menu), Normal
to change back to normal after using View, Page Break Preview
where you would see blue page numbers in the middle.

---
HTH,

"badatexcel" wrote:

in excel somehow I shrunk the page. Going to 8x11 1/2 letter size wont
change it.
how can I correct it?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
David McRitchie

very much the same direction as your answer, size on display and
nothing to do with printing.

It just highlights the importance of describing what the problem is
and how you know what you get is not what you want, in other words
as someone I used to work with whenever a someone came in or phoned
up with a programming problem (they always thought it was a compiler problem,
and it never was) -- I invariably heard him say ---
"What does it do instead of work"

which usually forced them to describe the problem as they saw it.

"DavidC" wrote ...
Good point, never thought of that direction.