Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
rainborick

Default Selection Mode Stuck

I've accidentally put Excel (Office 2003, w/latest updates) into a
sticky selection mode on this one spreadsheet file and I can't turn it
off. I apparently hit a key combo (I think with a mouse click) and now
when I open this file and single click on any cell, that cell is
selected and the selection extends in both directions as I move the
mouse. I can't click on any buttons, or toolbar icons, or do anything
to stop this selecting mode. It just goes on and on, autoscrolling to
infinity. I eventually have to CTRL-ALT-DEL to kill Excel, just to
free up my computer. Any help would be much appreciated.

--
rainborick
rainborick's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30875

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Mikeopolo

Sometimes, clicking the left and right mouse buttons at the same time
will free up the cursor.

Also try (if this is a USB mouse) diconnecting and reconnecting,
several times if need be.

And if the mouse has a wheel, try clicking that a few times.

Last 2 suggestions thanks to Chip Pearson MS MVP

Regards
Mike

--
Mikeopolo