Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Steverino

Default How do you protect the formula?

Occationally the person doing the data entry will inadvertantly type
over the formula line and the formular will no longer work. How can I
prevent this? I want the user to be able to change the formular if they
need to, but I don't want it to happen accidentally.

Thank you,
Steve Smith

--
Steverino
Steverino's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30851

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
TC

First you will have to unlock the cells you want for data entry. Highlight
the cells reguired. Go to formatcellsprotection then uncheck the locked box
Then you will have to Protect the worksheet. Go toolsprotectionprotect
worksheet. When asked to enter a passwork just click ok. That way no password
will be reguired to unprotect the sheet.