Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
ace8707

Default How do i make a formula using cells (divide B3/B5)

I am trying to get excel to divide cell B3 by B5. I have been entering in
=B3/B5 and it keeps giving me #VALUE!. I also need to drag the formula down.
I thought this was how to do it but apparently im wrong. A little help
would be much appreciated.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
daddylonglegs

Perhaps you have text in B3 or B5 (even if they look numeric)?

If you drag the formula down you'll get

=B4/B6 in the cell below, if you want to keep one of the values the
same use something like

=B$3/B5

when you drag this down it becomes

=B$3/B6 in the cell below

--
daddylonglegs
daddylonglegs's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30486

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Gilles Desjardins

I hope that you are writing this formula in another cell. i.e. in C5. It
works for me. Are B3 and B5 text values? Maybe?

Gilles