Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Maggie Soto

Default go from one cell to another in excel

How do I go directly back to the next cell A from cell E, when tabbing?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
David McRitchie

Hi Maggie,
I presume you mean to column A of the next row when tabbing from a
cell in column E.

Also assuming that mean there is nothing in Columns F through the
end column (column IV).

The following event macro can be installed by right click on the worksheet
tab, view code, and copying in the following code. More information on
Event Macros
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/event.htm#ws_sc.
If Target.column <= 5 then exit sub 'okay if A:E columns 1-5
On error resume next 'MUST reenable events...
Application.EnableEvents = False
ActiveCell.Offset(1, 1 - Target.Column).Select
Application.EnableEvents = True
End Sub---HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel [site changed Nov. 2001]My Excel Pages:
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/excel.htmSearch Page: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/search.htm "Maggie Soto"
<Maggie wrote in message ...
How do I go directly back to the next cell A from cell E, when tabbing?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Gord Dibben

Maggie

Start in A1 and Tab across the E1. After typing something in E1 hit the ENTER
key and you will go back to column A and down one to A2

There are other ways of using the Tab key to move through cells.

See Bob Phillips' site for some of these.

There is another method using VBA with worksheet event code.

Post back if you want to try that.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Mon, 23 Jan 2006 09:11:03 -0800, "Maggie Soto" <Maggie
wrote:

How do I go directly back to the next cell A from cell E, when tabbing?

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP