Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
David McRitchie

Default go from one cell to another in excel

Hi Maggie,
I presume you mean to column A of the next row when tabbing from a
cell in column E.

Also assuming that mean there is nothing in Columns F through the
end column (column IV).

The following event macro can be installed by right click on the worksheet
tab, view code, and copying in the following code. More information on
Event Macros
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/event.htm#ws_sc.
If Target.column <= 5 then exit sub 'okay if A:E columns 1-5
On error resume next 'MUST reenable events...
Application.EnableEvents = False
ActiveCell.Offset(1, 1 - Target.Column).Select
Application.EnableEvents = True
End Sub---HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel [site changed Nov. 2001]My Excel Pages:
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/excel.htmSearch Page: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/search.htm "Maggie Soto"
<Maggie wrote in message ...
How do I go directly back to the next cell A from cell E, when tabbing?