Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Kathleen

Default Just one cell in an Excel column won't text wrap.

I'm using Excel for text entries. I selected one column, and formatted the
cell alignment to wrap text. This has been working just fine until the last
3 entries, which have reverted to hidden text. (I can see that the text is
there, but only a portion is showing.)

When I check the individual cells, they show the formatting to be for
wrapped text.

I've tried undoing the formatting for the entire column, and starting over
again. The cells that were wrapped revert to their wrapped state, and these
"unwrapped" cells go back to being unwrapped again as well.

I'm a beginner with Excel. Any ideas on an end-run or actual fix on this?
Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
David McRitchie

Hi Kathleen,

Try changing the height of the row, sounds like the text is wrapped but
is below what you see.

Note: when you change the height of a row, then that height will stick
and Excel will not bother attempting to change the row height because
you specifically chose a row height.
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel...nd.htm#autofit

Text that is not wrapped extends to the cell(s) to the right, and is stopped
by any content in the adjacent cell including a formula, space, or null string.

---
HTH,