Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Dmds

Default how do i set up a spreadsheet to calculate fuel milage

i want to make a spreadsheet that take my total km and liters and converts
them to gallons and miles then calculates mpg
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Barb Reinhardt

1 liter = 0.264172051 US gallon
1 miles = 1.609344 kilometers

A = Kilometers
B = liters

=(A1*1.609344*0.264172051)/B1

OK, I've probably overdone it with the significant digits, but there's your
equation.

"Dmds" wrote in message
i want to make a spreadsheet that take my total km and liters and converts
them to gallons and miles then calculates mpg

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
paul

1 Imperial gallons = 4.54609188 litres so 0.219969 if you want imp mpg

--
paul
remove nospam for email addy!