-   -   how do i set up a spreadsheet to calculate fuel milage (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/65238-how-do-i-set-up-spreadsheet-calculate-fuel-milage.html)

Dmds

how do i set up a spreadsheet to calculate fuel milage

i want to make a spreadsheet that take my total km and liters and converts
them to gallons and miles then calculates mpg

Barb Reinhardt

how do i set up a spreadsheet to calculate fuel milage

1 liter = 0.264172051 US gallon
1 miles = 1.609344 kilometers

A = Kilometers
B = liters

=(A1*1.609344*0.264172051)/B1

OK, I've probably overdone it with the significant digits, but there's your
equation.

"Dmds" wrote in message
i want to make a spreadsheet that take my total km and liters and converts
them to gallons and miles then calculates mpg

paul

how do i set up a spreadsheet to calculate fuel milage

1 Imperial gallons = 4.54609188 litres so 0.219969 if you want imp mpg

--
paul
remove nospam for email addy!