Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
wranglerred

Default Help correcting capitilization in worksheet that is entirely caps!

Someone please help! I am not a very good excel user by far and I have been
trying all day to fix a worksheet that has over 3000 lines. The text cells
are all written in caps, I need to fix it to where they are properly
capitilized. I would even rather them be all lower case than upper. I don't
know how to change it, I tried the formula in help but I cant figure it out.
Please help if you know how to change it, I don't want to have to retype the
entire sheet.

I did find a thread on macros, but have no idea how to do that either. So
here I am the dummy. Can anyone help?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
bpeltzer

If your input is in column A, say A1:A3000, then in cell b1 enter the formula
=proper(A1). Autofill that formula through the entire column. If that looks
okay, you can than select column B, Edit Copy, select column A and Edit
Paste Special, select Values and click OK. Then clear column B.
(To paraphrase another frequent poster, please backup your file before
making significant changes!).
--Bruce

"wranglerred" wrote:

Someone please help! I am not a very good excel user by far and I have been
trying all day to fix a worksheet that has over 3000 lines. The text cells
are all written in caps, I need to fix it to where they are properly
capitilized. I would even rather them be all lower case than upper. I don't
know how to change it, I tried the formula in help but I cant figure it out.
Please help if you know how to change it, I don't want to have to retype the
entire sheet.

I did find a thread on macros, but have no idea how to do that either. So
here I am the dummy. Can anyone help?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
JE McGimpsey

See