Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Copy multiple cells

Default Copy data across workbooks

I want to create a master workbook with data entered for multiple divisions
and create a summary page that will auto update when the master is updated.
I have tried a simple =, but it will only bring 1 cell at a time. When I
drag from the right corner it just repeats that first cell or if I pull a few
cells and high all and drag it repeats those cells. How can I copy multiple
rows and columns?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
chi_town_eric

Not sure I completely understand your problem, but it sounds to me like your
formulas are absolute. In other words, when you are typing in the formula it
looks something like =[Book1]Sheet1!$A$1.

If you take out the dollar signs in front of the column letter and row
number, I bet you solve some of your copying problem.

"Copy multiple cells" wrote:

I want to create a master workbook with data entered for multiple divisions
and create a summary page that will auto update when the master is updated.
I have tried a simple =, but it will only bring 1 cell at a time. When I
drag from the right corner it just repeats that first cell or if I pull a few
cells and high all and drag it repeats those cells. How can I copy multiple
rows and columns?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Gord Dibben

Maybe also check ToolsOptionsCalculation to make sure you are set to
"Automatic"

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP