Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Jez838

Default How do I combine two queries from different worksheets

I need to combine information in two worksheets. The worksheets contain
similar information. Ie Both contain Item numbers and Item Descriptions but I
need to see all the extra columns on one spreadsheet so I can see all the
information connected to each item.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Ron Coderre

Try this:
Make sure the workbook is saved (so MS Query can find it) and that both data
lists are named ranges (eg rngList1, rngList2).

Then....
Starting with an empty worksheet:
1)Select the cell where you want the consolidated data to start

2)DataImport External DataNew Database Query
Databases: Excel Files

Browse to the file, pick the 2 data ranges to import.
---Accept defaults until the next step.

At The last screen select The View data/Edit The Query option.

The 2 data lists should now be displayed in the query editor.
Drag the Item Number field from one table to the Item Number field on the other table.
Drag the Item Description field from one table to the Item Description field of the other table.

Next, drag each field you want to see from the table to the lower section of the query editor.

NOTE: Drag the Item Number and Item Description fields from only one of the
tables.

When the data looks right....Click the Return Data to Excel button.
Let us know if you experience any issues.

Does that help?

Regards,
Ron

XL2002, WinXP-Pro